Package Free is an American eco-reseller. The project works with brands and individual entrepreneurs who share their goal: making a positive impact on the environment and decreasing waste.
About the project
The store doesn’t use disposable plastic packaging for the delivery of its products. Instead, the eco-friendly goods are shipped in boxes that are 100% recyclable and biodegradable.
Even in Package Free offices, the amount of waste generated is kept to a minimum! For example, all the electronic equipment is either bought used, rented, or recycled.
“Thanks to our efforts, hundreds of millions of units of waste weren’t produced and didn’t end up in landfill.” — Package Free.
In 2019 our client got a new round of investment and was able to start improving the product. Wishing to strengthen their internal development team, Package Free turned to iTechArt.
Within the framework of joint collaboration, the following tasks were set:
- Support for the existing Shopify-based web store
- Installation and integration of Shopify app extensions
- Expansion of app features for client retention and sales increase
- Update of the front end of the editorial platform
Solution and results
In six months, we:
- migrated Package Free from Shopify to Shopify Plus for better scalability and feature customization
- implemented extended analytical tools to monitor user behavior
- integrated the website with Zapier with a platform to connect analytical tools, as well as subscription tools
- implemented several BOLD applications and adapted them according to the changing requirements of the audience
- customized the checkout page on Shopify Plus
- participated in UI development and optimization.
But that’s not all. We also helped our customer with their second website, Trash is for Tossers (TIFT), an educational platform that inspires thousands of people every day to reduce their waste. Package Free and TIFT belong to Lauren Singer, who gained fame in 2012 when her trash for the entire year (366 days!) only filled half of a 1L container.
As part of our collaboration, we also helped migrate the TIFT front end from WordPress to React.
Thanks to the partnership with iTechArt, Package Free became more efficient at gaining and retaining customers. Once the website was upgraded and updated, their sales grew by 16%.